The Independent Living Coordinator provides the five core services of Independent Living to individuals with disabilities who are either living or transitioning towards living in the community, as well as to provide Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) to consumers in the community with specialized health insurance.
- Assessment of an individual’s ability and service needs to live independently.
- Provision of the 5 core services of independent living: information and referral, IL skills training, peer counseling, advocacy, and transition.
- Provision of LTSS services to consumers in the community who have specialized health insurance benefits, including initial assessments, re-assignments, and coordination of in-home support services.
- Coordination of services with state and community-based agencies.
- Develop and periodically review an Independent Living Service Plan with assigned consumers.
- Document work by entering data accurately and in real-time into the data collection systems used by LTSS contracted agencies and MWCIL’s own web-based data collection system.
- Participation in community outreach and advocacy representation activities of the center.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, sociology, psychology, or related field. This requirement may be substituted for two years’ experience in human services.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement service delivery systems, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Personal knowledge of disability issues preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in Spanish, both verbal and written, preferred
- Ability to make home visits where physical access may be problematic.
- Must have own reliable transportation and current MA driver’s license.
37.5 Hours – Full Time
$42,000 – $44,000 annually, depending upon experience
- Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Or mail a cover letter and resume to: MetroWest Center for Independent Living, 1 Clarks Hill, Suite 200, Framingham, MA 01702
- Questions? Call us at (508) 875-7853