Medical and Disability Conditions
Healthfinder is the information site established and maintained by the U. S. Government. It is very conservative, careful, and highly selective in the information resources it directs people toward. It is an excellent resource for identifying major sites and U. S. Government publications addressing different medical conditions and disabilities.
Disease Info Search
The Genetic Alliance, a nonprofit health advocacy organization, has created a new website to connect healthcare providers, researchers and the general public with support groups, relevant and timely peer-reviewed articles, open and appropriate IRB-approved clinical trials, and general disease information. Visitors are invited to share their personal information - MWCIL can not guarantee confidentiality if you share or submit personal information.
Medical Conditions and Specific Disabilities
Acid Maltase Deficiency (Pompe Disease)
AIDS and HIV Infection
- American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
- HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention and Research
- The Body: A Multimedia AIDS and HIV Resource
Albinism and Hypoplgmentation
Alcoholism and Drug Dependency
Allergy and Asthma
Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
Attention Deficit Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association (for Adults)
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
Blindness and Low Vision
- American Federation for the Blind
- Blindness Resource Center (NY Institute for Special Education)
- Glaucoma Research Foundation
- National Federation of the Blind
- The Low Vision Gateway
Brain Injuries (Traumatic)
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- Brain Injury Association, Inc.
- Coma Recovery Association, Inc.
- American Cancer Society
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Prevent Cancer Foundation / Cancer Research Foundation of America
- National Breast Cancer Coalition
- National Kidney Cancer Association
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- Website for Pleural Mesothelioma Patients
- Cancer Support Groups in MetroWest - Offered free by MetroWest Cancer Care Center in Framingham (Information provided January, 2012): metrowest-cancer-support.pdf
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Crohn's and Colitis
Diethylstilbestrol Exposure (DES)
Deafness and Hearing Impairment
- Birth Defect Research for Children, Inc.
- FRAXA (Fragile X) Research Foundation
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- The Family Village
Ehlers-Daulos Syndrome (ED Syndrome)
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Fragile X Syndrome
Hansens Disease (Leprosy)
Hyperoxaluria and Oxalosis
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Iron Overload Diseases - Hemochromatosis
- American Association of Kidney Patients
- National Kidney Cancer Association
- National Kidney Foundation
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Research Foundation
Mental Disabilities (Mental Illness)
- MA Behavioral Health Access helps locate potential openings in mental health and substance use services in Massachusetts.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI
- Mental Health America
- The Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- Mesothelioma Symptoms - Cancer information and facts.
- Asbestos.com - Mesothelioma Cancer Resource
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos Awareness Center
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- The World of Multiple Sclerosis - Multiple Sclerosis International Federation
- National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation, Inc.
- Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ NRC
Oxalosis and Hyperoxaluria
Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis)
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Association of America, Inc.
- National Psoriasis Foundation
Spinal Cord Injury
- American Paralysis Association
- American Spinal Cord Association
- New England Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Skin Care Fact Sheet - Preventing Pressure Sores
- Exercising with SCI - video and factsheet with information and advice on exercising with a Spinal Cord Injury.
- American Heart Association Stroke Connection
- National Aphasia Association
- National Stroke Association