Resources > Medical and Disability Conditions
Medical and Disability Conditions
- Healthfinder U. S. Government resource for identifying major sites and U. S. Government publications addressing different medical conditions and disabilities.
- Disease InfoSearch - The Genetic Alliance connects healthcare providers, researchers and the general public with support groups, relevant and timely peer-reviewed articles, open and appropriate IRB-approved clinical trials, and general disease information. (Visitors are invited to share their personal information - MWCIL does not guarantee confidentiality if you share or submit personal information.
Specific Conditions and Disabilities
MWCIL does not attempt to link to every creditable site that contains information on a specific medical condition or disability.
Acid Maltase Deficiency (Pompe Disease)
AIDS and HIV Infection
- American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
- HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention and Research
- The Body: A Multimedia AIDS and HIV Resource
Albinism and Hypoplgmentation
Alcoholism and Drug Dependency
Allergy and Asthma
Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
Attention Deficit Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association (for Adults)
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
Blindness and Low Vision
- American Federation for the Blind
- Blindness Resource Center (NY Institute for Special Education)
- Glaucoma Research Foundation
- National Federation of the Blind
- The Low Vision Gateway
Brain Injuries (Traumatic)
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- Brain Injury Association, Inc.
- Coma Recovery Association, Inc.
- American Cancer Society
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Prevent Cancer Foundation / Cancer Research Foundation of America
- National Breast Cancer Coalition
- National Kidney Cancer Association
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- Website for Pleural Mesothelioma Patients
- Cancer Support Groups in MetroWest - Offered free by MetroWest Cancer Care Center in Framingham (Information provided January, 2012): metrowest-cancer-support.pdf
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Crohn's and Colitis
Diethylstilbestrol Exposure (DES)
Deafness and Hearing Impairment
- Birth Defect Research for Children, Inc.
- FRAXA (Fragile X) Research Foundation
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- The Family Village
Ehlers-Daulos Syndrome (ED Syndrome)
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Fragile X Syndrome
Hansens Disease (Leprosy)
Hyperoxaluria and Oxalosis
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Iron Overload Diseases - Hemochromatosis
- American Association of Kidney Patients
- National Kidney Cancer Association
- National Kidney Foundation
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Research Foundation
Mental Disabilities (Mental Illness)
- MA Behavioral Health Access helps locate potential openings in mental health and substance use services in Massachusetts.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI
- Mental Health America
- The Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- Mesothelioma Symptoms - Cancer information and facts.
- Asbestos.com - Mesothelioma Cancer Resource
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos Awareness Center
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- The World of Multiple Sclerosis - Multiple Sclerosis International Federation
- National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation, Inc.
- Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ NRC
Oxalosis and Hyperoxaluria
Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis)
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Association of America, Inc.
- National Psoriasis Foundation
Spinal Cord Injury
- American Paralysis Association
- American Spinal Cord Association
- New England Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Skin Care Fact Sheet - Preventing Pressure Sores
- Exercising with SCI - video and factsheet with information and advice on exercising with a Spinal Cord Injury.
- American Heart Association Stroke Connection
- National Aphasia Association
- National Stroke Association